Saturday, January 23, 2010

Update on the To do for this week!!

So things accomplished this week!

One - Made my oatmeal squares/snack bars. Berry, very Yummy.

My inspiration came from the Food Network show by Giada.
So credit goes to her idea.
My version  has a lot of differences.

I used rolled oats(made of barley, rye,etc) and instant oatmeal mix, a nuts medley of pistachios, cashews and almonds. Half the butter and a bit of Virgin O Oil... Plus Honey for the sweetness along with almond extract and some dried fruits medley.
Have to say its just as good as the store bought version and healthier too.


Two - Finished one of the Saartje booties for R. The second one is half way done
Three frogged my sox as i didnt like it
Four -Made Buttermilk bread.
Five - made sugar cookies at home for the kids.
Six - made baked veggie chips with beetroot, squash, plantain,potatoes for lunch.

 


 

1 comment:

Meena said...

Love the idea of oatmeal squares...I cant wait to try them out...could you post your entire recipe...sounds like great snack for kids!!!

Cheers!!

Meena

http://southernspiceworld.blogspot.com/