Sunday, January 15, 2006

One hour Quick Scarf



Last week was crazy. DD's sleeping routine got weird with my blogging. Also this weekend was hectic with places to go.

So my blogging was left off for today. But did manage to get some crocheting done...

I was hunting for yarn for my motifs but once I started on the motifs... got bored with the method I was trying out ... and then found this colorful yarn in my never ending stash and decided to do a quick scarf ... So started with a foundation chain and some double crochets and an hour later... Viola! A pretty scarf for my niece. Unfortunately my stash of beads ran out... would have liked to add some funky beads to the fringe. Still my niece loved it so much now, she wants to wear it with all her outfits. My DS also liked the coin purse. So I will be making one of those too.

Still hunting for the proper button to finish my purse however. Maybe I will go hunt in my closet for something. and wondering if I shld add a shoulder belt too.
But I liked motifs idea so much I want to try out a different method/pattern ... May be to make a blanket or a scruncie since I have a lot of scrap yarn left.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute bear - and the scarf seems to be a perfect fit! Very nice work....

Yasmin said...

Nice scarf! an hour ...hmm...my kind of work.. I just love quick projects.
Yasmin.

Anonymous said...

The scarf is very pretty. What is the type of yarn used and the hook size? The pattern is also very nice.
-viji victor

CrocheterFrmCA said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
CrocheterFrmCA said...

Viji, Its just some multicolored acrylic wool with a h/8 hook.
sonia